Thursday, October 29, 2020

Are all artists perfectionists?

 

flawed artistic creation not for sale

As I've aged into a senior jewelry artist, I've become more introspective on who I'm settling into. Yes, I've learned to "ratchet it down" over the years as it didn't always serve me that well. Obsession with details became a bad habit. The time wasted didn't always get me what I wanted but achieving "stuff" kept me focused.


This article from Psychology Today "Does Perfectionism Kill Creativity or Feed It?"gave me a broader understanding of the double edged sword of perfectionism. I'm usually not big on using labels but I think I've morphed into a "constructive perfectionist". I guess that I'm also a perfectionist in recovery. So, after reading it, perhaps you will have discovered the type of creative person you are...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?