Sunday, October 4, 2026

The Hydrangea Bust

I have spent most of 2026 blog posts reminiscing on our cross country move from the Southeast to the Southwest.  We moved from Utah to Arizona in April of 2021 and then I posted nothing the rest of that year.  My first blog post from Tucson was posted on February 9, 2023. Read it and you’ll get the vibes I’m talking about! Every post from then on was all about Tucson as we acclimated. Now firmly settled, we live as artists, Nathan with his water colors and me with my beadwork. We do what we want, when we want, if we want. Amen. 

As an artist, my beadwork continues to evolve. Every now and then I get it wrong and have to find ways to recover the piece.  There is no better example than my completed French beaded hydrangea getting planted in the wrong pot. Actually, I lost count of the number of people (other artists) who told me I selected the wrong vessel for this French beaded hydrangea (designed by Lauren Harpster @beadandblossomstudio) which I completed in January 2025. 

I loved this pot. It literally came with the house we bought in Tucson. For me, the colors of it really worked well with the beadwork. But when the count of pot opponents got to five, I decided to surrender to these professional folks who I believe know more than I.  It took some months for me to accept their challenge and to take action. So I finally hammered / smashed the pot and freed the trapped hydrangea (from plaster of Paris) in July 2025 and made plans to replace it with a new, more subtle (comparatively, almost boring) pot selection.   It took great courage to break that pot.  Wanna watch?  Here are my attempts from start to finish.  

The great reveal of my replacement pot (it's boring) will be in November. That said, I have chosen the right one this time. According to artistic dynamics (I made that up) it’s a better fit spacially because the height of this beautiful finished plant dictates a lower sitting pot.  Have I repotted it yet? No, I’ve been procrastinating because potting is always the scary part for me. Some of the potting can be a permanent fixture and can’t be undone. UNLESS YOU BREAK THE POT. 

This hydrangea must be replanted soon as it is begging for support and nagging my dreams. This is the month I will do it!  So guess what November’s blog post will be reporting on… -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss out on the vibrant world of bead artistry at Tina's Sedona!

Subscribe TODAY for upcoming blog post notices, exciting marketing updates, sneak peeks at new bead artistry, and a Coupon Code delivered straight to your inbox!

Follow me @tinassedona Instagram | Facebook | Website | Pinterest | Youtube | Tiktok | Nextdoor


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tina's Sedona © All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?