Friday, May 3, 2019

What should I say first?

I am honestly am a bit self conscious (who me?) about writing this blog, knowing that my thoughts and words will somehow be judged.  So this blog is really an experiment of sorts and a test of my courage. Remember that saying "Put your money where your mouth is"? Well I've been dreaming about this moment when I would be the writer I've always wanted to be but never had the time. This is it! Be warned, if you are waiting for something profound from me, I can't promise that. What I do promise is that I'll be honest about what I think. Many of you who know me pretty well can't imagine me any other way. 

By next Friday, our car will packed for our cross country road trip. The house is emptying out nicely, the echoes are growing throughout the house, and our final packing is underway. Nathan and I continue to be genuinely excited about what is coming and extremely kind to each other as we face this huge transition to a new lifestyle in another part of the U.S.  I can't speak for Nathan but I know that he too is parting with the house and yard and grasping onto his own sense of closure.  I have had some teary moments in the past week, realizing that our dream is coming true and that we are going to pay a price for it.  Change costs.

We are leaving our home!  If I could turn back the clock to last October when we decided to sell our home and possessions and move out West, I would not do it. I still know in my heart that it is time for us to move on. Nathan knows it too.  During other times in my life when I've experienced loss--and this is a loss of most all things I own and local friends whom I've known for over 30 years--I have walked through the fire, been cleansed, and emerged alive.  My history tells me that this will be no different.

I'm glad that you, my dear friends, are travelling with me. The gains are lining up to unfold.

2 comments:

  1. Let me clarify that I would not change my mind about moving. I meant that I would NOT turn back the clock to change my mind. WE HAVE NO REGRETS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have that cleared up!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?