Sunday, May 26, 2019

Receiving with ease

I learned about the phrase "receive with ease" as a Unity truth student in the mid-90's. My interpretation of it has meant to accept the goodness that comes my way and not question whether or not I deserve it.  It also tells me not to wonder if there is "a catch" to such good fortune.  For me, that has meant learning to "relax into" the gifts I receive and savor the good feelings they invoke within my being.  In other words, let my self feel the love. Without going into detail, let's just say that I was very often disappointed growing up and learned not to expect people to keep their promises or build hope that what was promised would actually happen (for me).  So the importance of learning this concept has helped me to expect that good is always intended for me, that I deserve to have all the goodness (gifts) that come my way, and that if I am -- for any reason -- disappointed in the outcome of my expectations then that gift was not intended for me. "Don't take anything personally" -from chapter two of The Four Agreements by Don Miguel- contributed to my understanding of this concept. This is a comforting concept to embrace!
All this comes to my mind this morning as I experience all the good feelings and unexpected gifts from having moved across country from Florida, the verdant humid paradise, to Utah, the arid extremity of red rock, black lava and peeping greens that pop!  My heart is so grateful for the gift that Nathan and I have given ourselves with our life decision to purge and play for this indefinite period.  We have set the stage for new adventures, all of which will come wrapped in western sunrises and sunsets, vistas of red and orange and rust and black.  The energy of the mountains is the most powerful gift of all, to contribute to our spirits, our physical energy and youth, and the depth of our relationship.

Are we tired yet? Absolutely! We are somewhat exhausted by months of preparation that went into making this move.  The funny thing is that we agree the 11 day journey here felt more like a 4 day journey. Why? We don't care why. We accept the gift. We know it was just another sign that we are Supported in taking this step.  So now we rest and revel in our new surroundings, getting back to home cooking, sleeping without having to get up and attend to anything other than resting and eating and taking a walk. Our new home --for the next 4 months--has turned out to be a place for a perfect retreat from everything!  We haven't heard one siren. Instead, we hear absolute silence, and outside just the birds and an occasional golf cart drifting by on batteries. THANK YOU is all we can say!

4 comments:

  1. Reading this about you is a breath of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a spectacular place. Hope you enjoy every moment of your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Sounds wonderful! Especially the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the quiet and solitude. I giggled when you said you didn't hear a siren. I stopped and thought about that for a moment. Each day I hear so many.. and motorcycles racing to the bridge. Yet, I still hear so many birds and critters as I wonder about my home and office and outdoor areas.

    The Four Agreements book is one of my favorites because it teaches us the most important lessons in life. I only wish I would have known these 4 things when I was just a little kid. Life would have been so much easier up to this point. Now that I know it, I embrace it and life is much more fun.

    Take it slow and breathe in every ounce of pure beauty that is bestowed upon you.


    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?